I develop Universal Windows Programs and found an interesting problem. You can’t use UI version of Windows App Certification Kit when your OS is Windows Server 2016.
When I tried to test my program before send it to Windows Store, I got an error from Windows App Certification Kit:
But we can still use console app – appcert.exe
It’s a little bit harder then use UI version, we need to create some preparations:
1. You need to instal prepared version of your app, it’s near the bundle file. Find file called Add-AppDevPackage.ps and run it with PowerShell.
2. Open PowerShell and run command:
3. Open file packages.txt and find your app, copy PackageFullName:
4. Create file testPackage.bat and place this text inside:
del %~dp0\report.xml "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\App Certification Kit\appcert.exe" reset "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\App Certification Kit\appcert.exe" test -apptype windowsstoreapp -packagefullname "Your app package full name" -reportoutputpath %~dp0\report.xml pause
5. Do not forget to replace text “Your app package full name” with text from 3-rd step. Now you can run testPackage.bat file and when it’s done, check file report.xml. There you will found all information from Windows App Certification Kit about your app.